2008/11/07

Castell


Today, I’m going to talk about unique festival in Spain and I talk about this festival.
The name of festival is Castell. It’s held in Catalonia, Spain. Catalonia is divided into four provinces: Barcelona, Gitona, Lleida, and Tarragona. This festival was originated in the southern part of Catalonia. In this festival, teams of Castellers compete against each other who can build the highest human tower. The human tower is considered a success when the tower is build and the top person raises one hand and everyone comes down safely. This is done carefully and slowly. The top levels are made up of children.
I think this festival is very exiting. If you visit Catalonia to go this festival, you should notice to not be crushed! There are many people so you may be lost.

2 件のコメント:

UVER♡ さんのコメント...

Hi,Miki!
Your information is very interesting for me. I was surprised human tower's picture.
I want to go Spain to enjoy this festival!

maichi さんのコメント...

Hi,miki☆
I think your speech is easy to understand. And human tower is terrific. I want to watch real human tower with my own eyes.